Are you looking for a heart-healthy treat that serves the purpose of also knocking out a craving for chocolate? This is it... these are simply delish!! These little chocolate cups are homemade and filled with pomegranate seeds and honey. Let's get started! Oh yeah... the kidos enjoy this thouroughly!
What Ya Need!
* 1 heart shaped cupcake or muffin pan (silicone)
* 1 bag of dark chocolate chips for melting
* 1 pomegranate
* Drizzles of honey
What Ya Do!
This is an elegant and simple snack. The most time consuming part is making the cups.
1) Melt about half the bag of chocolate chips in the microwave in 40 second intervals. I would use the darkest chocolate possible for the sake of heart health :) When the chips are melted...
2) Use a small, clean paint brush to dip into the chocolate and coat the bottom and sides in smooth strokes, of the heart shapes. Make an even layer.
3) Place them into the freezer for about 5-10 minutes and remove... they should be hardened.
4) Now add another layer of chocolate. This layer will harden quickly because the chocolate is cold in the mold... Make sure your chocolate is melted well in your bowl and carefully make smooth strokes to cover the heart again. Use upward and full strokes on the sides especially, to make the top smooth instead of crumply. (Uh, is that a real word?)
5) Place them in the fridge for a short time, until they are hardened again. This is for the final time :)
6) While they are hardening... work on your pomegranate. Get the seeds out of your pomegranate and place them on a towel to drain. You want them to be fairly dry because chocolate and liquid do not mix well.
7) Now, easily peel your heart cups out of their cases. They should come out easily by just folding the silicone back.
8) Fill each heart with enough seeds and drizzle a small amount of honey over the top.
9) You-re FINISHED!
I'm tellin' ya, I did not expect to enjoy these as much as I did. They are a great flavor combo and if you are heart health conscience, you will feel great munching on these for a snack or serving to a friend.