Sunday, July 13, 2014

Keurig Coffee Machine Cleaning! EaSy!



Keurigs are excellent. We have had ours for about a year and a half, although we  have not cleaned it until just recently. I made and tested a simple method of cleaning not just the reservoir, but the tubing .
I thought about a  dishwasher cleaning method i had heard of and used myself. Placing a cup with vinegar top rack and shaking baking soda around the bottom portion of washer... then run a cycle.

**I also incorporated the Keurig method from "A Few Shortcuts" and "cleaningmyspace.com" that i have on my Pinterest boards.

The method itself and the details of amounts are my own.

So,  used the same tried and tested concoction.

Simply, here goes!!

I hope you enjoy estimates because this does not require exact measurements.

What Ya Need:
Baking soda
Vinegar
Dish Detergent
A fill-your-own pod for Keurig

What Ya Do:
Empty your reservoir and pour apx. 1/2cup vinegar and 1 1/2 cups water. Enough to run two cups through machine. Now use a pod that is meant for loose coffee or tea and fill almost full with baking soda. Run two full sessons through the machine as if you were brewing coffee. Now empty the baking soda carrier and wipe details of visible coffee remnant out of port. Empty reservoir and wash with soap and water. Now fill with enough water to run three more cups. Simply run three more cups and watch the transition from dark brown water to clear water.
I think you will be surprised at how much  remnant is in your first run of cleaning.
My machine has worked perfectly.

* I have to disclaim that this is simply a home tested cleaning method and I cannot prove its result other than it produced dark water and gradually became lighter with the progression of cleaning. Attempt at your own curiosity :)

Here's to happy coffee.!!

Demetria

No comments:

Post a Comment